- Owner's Name & Address
- Vehicle Information (year, make, model, etc)
- Leinholder, if provided
Estimated Return Time:
- One Business Day
- TN license plate number or VIN
Provided a valid Tennessee license plate number is submitted, our license plate lookup is guaranteed to return the registered owner’s name and address along with the vehicle make, model, year, vehicle identification number (VIN) and tag expiration date.
Online Tennessee License Plate Lookup
If you’re searching online for the owner of a vehicle with Tennessee license plates, be careful where you get your records. The vast majority of online license plate or VIN lookups are scams that make nice sounding promises, but only give you useless links or outdated information.
Keep an eye out for websites that claim to provide “instant” or “unlimited” searches. That’s a clear indicator that they are not placing an order for current records because the Vehicle Services Division does not make that information available instantly or for free. Licensed private investigators, like Docusearch, do have access to current records and can usually provide you with results within one business day.
How To Order A Tennessee License Plate Search
You are most likely needing to contact the current owner of the Tennessee vehicle, not a previous owner. Unfortunately, most websites that promise a Tennessee license plate lookup are one of two kinds of scam websites. The first are websites that only provide information that has been purchased from a database wholesaler. Those websites only have access to old files. The other kind of scam site tries to convince visitors to pay for a subscription or membership fee, and then they direct people to other “for pay” sites.
Place your Tennessee license plate lookup with Docusearch for an up-to-date record for a low, one-time fee.
You will be required to select a DPPA Permissible Purpose when placing your order.
Note: We cannot search temporary license plates, commercial vehicles, recreational vehicles or trailers.
What to Expect
|VIN: 1FTNE24W84HA65199||PLATE: ABC1234|
|MODEL YEAR: 2012||MODEL:|
|MAKE: ACURA||STYLE: PASSENGER|
|BODY STYLE: 4DSD||POWER: GAS|
|CYLINDERS: 6||NET WEIGHT: 3538|
|REGISTRATION ISSUED: 09/02/2014||REGISTRATION EXPIRES: 09/01/2016|
|REGISTERED AND LEGAL OWNER:|
|REGISTERED OWNER:||AARON MCCANN|
|ADDRESS:||17424 137TH AVE|
|CITY/STATE:||MEMPHIS, TN 12345|
|LEGAL OWNER (LIENHOLDER):||CHASE BANK|
|CITY/STATE:||ATLANTA, GA. 30348|
END OF REPORT
How Docusearch Results Compares to Others
- Hand-searched by experienced and licensed investigators and returned the same business day. (Normally within hours)
- We return the current owners name, address, and vehicle details for the submitted license plate (or VIN) obtained directly from the State DMV authority.
- No subscription or sign-up fee. Simply pay a one-time $39 per license plate with no future commitment.
- Sure, it may be instant, but what good is it if results are not current? Read the small print. They admit that there is no guarantee of accuracy.
- If any results are returned, they will likely be for a previous owner of the license plate. This is because current license plate data is never sold to data brokers.
- Others require you to pay a monthly subscription fee to access their stale database
Tennessee License Plate Search Reviews
Docusearch How To
Relevant articles, advice and commentary to help your investigation.
If you’ve jotted down someone’s license plate number, there’s a lot you can do with it — IF you know how the license plate lookup process works. If you don’t, there’s a good chance that you will fall victim to … Continued
The Truth: Need a License Plate Lookup? OK, so you’ve got someone’s license plate number. Now what? If you head online to try and track down the name and address behind it, you’ll find a near-endless array of promises from … Continued
Not all license plate lookup services are the same. If you want to see if a particular service is really worth your time and money, you’ve got to read the fine print. For example, we logged onto Search Quarry, a … Continued