- Owner's Name & Address
- Vehicle Information (year, make, model, etc)
- Leinholder, if provided
Estimated Return Time:
- 4-7 Business Days
- NC license plate number or VIN
Provided a valid NC license plate number is submitted, our North Carolina License Plate Lookup is guaranteed to return the registered owner’s name and address along with the vehicle make, model, year, vehicle identification number (VIN) and tag expiration date and any lien-holder information.
Reverse North Carolina License Plate Lookup
If you are looking for the owner of a vehicle in North Carolina, our licensed investigators will perform a reverse North Carolina license plate lookup or VIN # check for you. License plate searches by licensed private investigators will give you more accurate and faster results than other so-called “free” searches. This is because license plate # lookups have restrictions about who can access the North Carolina Department of Transportation’s database of registered owners. There are many other private investigation companies that claim to give “instant” results, but in fact these results are only instant because of their inaccuracy. The private investigators at Docusearch differ from that of other websites because of the information that we have access to. Using the same source as law enforcement guarantees that you will get both accurate and fast results.
How quickly will I see results for my North Carolina license plate search?
The estimated return time for a license plate or VIN search is typically four to seven business days. Our user-friendly interface allows you to place your order, submit your North Carolina license plate lookup, and see results via our secure password-protected members area. All results are accurate, obtained directly from the North Carolina DOT.
Still not convinced? Read our How-To article: Doing a North Carolina License Plate Search? Here’s What You Need to Know.
Note: We cannot search temporary license plates, commercial vehicles, recreational vehicles or trailers.
What to Expect
|REGISTERED OWNER INFORMATION:|
|DATES:||05/01/2013 to 01/01/2016|
|ADDRESS:||11626 W BOWLES CIR, LINCOLN, NC 12345|
|VEHICLETYPE:||PASSENGER CAR/LIGHT TRUCK|
|BODYTYPE:||Club Cab Pickup|
|LIEN NAME:||HYUNDAI MOTOR FINANCE|
|ADDRESS:||POB 105299 ATLANTA, GA. 30348|
END OF REPORT
How Docusearch Results Compares to Others
- Hand-searched by experienced and licensed investigators and returned within 4-7 business days
- We return the current owners name, address, and vehicle details for the submitted license plate (or VIN) obtained directly from the State DMV authority.
- No subscription or sign-up fee. Simply pay a one-time $48 per license plate with no future commitment.
- Sure, it may be instant, but what good is it if results are not current? Read the small print. They admit that there is no guarantee of accuracy.
- If any results are returned, they will likely be for a previous owner of the license plate. This is because current license plate data is never sold to data brokers.
- Others require you to pay a monthly subscription fee to access their stale database.
North Carolina License Plate Search Reviews
Docusearch How To
Relevant articles, advice and commentary to help your investigation.
If you’ve jotted down someone’s license plate number, there’s a lot you can do with it — IF you know how the license plate lookup process works. If you don’t, there’s a good chance that you will fall victim to … Continued
The Truth: Need a License Plate Lookup? OK, so you’ve got someone’s license plate number. Now what? If you head online to try and track down the name and address behind it, you’ll find a near-endless array of promises from … Continued
Not all license plate lookup services are the same. If you want to see if a particular service is really worth your time and money, you’ve got to read the fine print. For example, we logged onto Search Quarry, a … Continued