- Owner's Name & Address
- Vehicle Information (year, make, model, etc)
- Leinholder, if provided
Estimated Return Time:
- Same business day (Normally about an hour)
- Valid NY license plate number or VIN
If you submit a valid NY license plate number, our New York License Plate Lookup guarantees to return the current registered name and address attached to the number, in addition to the vehicle’s make, model, year, tag expiration date, vehicle identification number (VIN) and any lien-holder.
New York License Plate Lookup
So you have the license plate number or VIN of a vehicle with New York plates and you want to find the vehicle’s registered owner? The good news is that you can order a New York license plate search online and receive current results in very little time. The bad news is that there are plenty of scam websites out there that make nice sounding promises, but deliver nothing but headaches.
Current vehicle owner information is not available from the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles instantly, nor is it available for free. If you come across a site promising instant results or a free search, it’s too good to be true. It’s a scam.
Usually, sites likes that do one of two things. They either send you old out-of-date information that have been purchased from a database wholesaler or they try to convince you to pay for a subscription fee for “unlimited searches”. Once you’ve paid the subscription fee, all you get are links to other sites requiring you to pay more. These scam websites do not offer real New York license plate searches.
NY License Plate Search
If you need to find New York vehicle ownership information, place your online license plate # or VIN search with a licensed private investigator. Results are guaranteed to be current because selected licensed private investigators (like Docusearch) are computer-connected to the current New York DMV records.
Still not convinced? Read How-To article: Getting Great New York License Plate Search Results is as Easy as 1-2-3.
You will be required to select a DPPA Permissible Purpose when placing your order.
Note: We cannot search temporary license plates, commercial vehicles, recreational vehicles or trailers.
What to Expect
|VIN: 1FTNE24W84HA65199||PLATE: ABC1234|
|MODEL YEAR: 2012||MODEL:|
|MAKE: ACURA||STYLE: PASSENGER|
|BODY STYLE: 4DSD||POWER: GAS|
|CYLINDERS: 6||NET WEIGHT: 3538|
|REGISTRATION ISSUED: 09/02/2014||REGISTRATION EXPIRES: 09/01/2016|
|REGISTERED AND LEGAL OWNER:|
|REGISTERED OWNER:||AARON MCCANN|
|ADDRESS:||17424 137TH AVE|
|CITY/STATE:||ALBANY, NY 12345|
|LEGAL OWNER (LIENHOLDER):||CHASE BANK|
|CITY/STATE:||ATLANTA, GA. 30348|
END OF REPORT
How Docusearch Results Compares to Others
- Hand-searched by experienced and licensed investigators and returned the same business day. (Normally within hours)
- We return the current owners name, address, and vehicle details for the submitted license plate (or VIN) obtained directly from the State DMV authority.
- No subscription or sign-up fee. Simply pay a one-time $39 per license plate with no future commitment.
- Sure, it may be instant, but what good is it if results are not current? Read the small print. They admit that there is no guarantee of accuracy.
- If any results are returned, they will likely be for a previous owner of the license plate. This is because current license plate data is never sold to data brokers.
- Others require you to pay a monthly subscription fee to access their stale database
New York License Plate Search Reviews
Docusearch How To
Relevant articles, advice and commentary to help your investigation.
If you’ve jotted down someone’s license plate number, there’s a lot you can do with it — IF you know how the license plate lookup process works. If you don’t, there’s a good chance that you will fall victim to … Continued
The Truth: Need a License Plate Lookup? OK, so you’ve got someone’s license plate number. Now what? If you head online to try and track down the name and address behind it, you’ll find a near-endless array of promises from … Continued
Not all license plate lookup services are the same. If you want to see if a particular service is really worth your time and money, you’ve got to read the fine print. For example, we logged onto Search Quarry, a … Continued