- Owner's Name & Address
- Vehicle Information (year, make, model, etc)
- Leinholder, if provided
Estimated Return Time:
- 1-2 business days or less
- Valid NJ license plate number or VIN
All valid license plate numbers submitted for a New Jersey license plate search come with a guarantee that we will return the current owner’s name and address. In addition, we’ll also return the vehicle’s year, make, model, vehicle identification number (VIN), tag expiration date and any lien-holder.
New Jersey License Plate Lookup Online
When searching for an online New Jersey license plate # or VIN lookup, it can be difficult to weed out the scams from legitimate license plate search sites. There are plenty of websites that promise to provide free or instant results, and some websites even want you to pay for a subscription fee. How can you tell if the site is a scam?
The first thing to be wary of is a so-called free or “instant” search result. New Jersey vehicle registration information is not publicly available for free, nor is it available instantly. If you come across a site that promises free or instant results, you can be confident that it is a scam. These types of websites are usually providing information from old out-of-date files that have been purchased from a database wholesaler.
The worst kinds of scams are the websites that attempt to fool you into buying a membership or subscription. They often make claims saying that they’ll provide you with “unlimited access” to records or they’ll provide you with instant search results. Don’t fall for it. Those sites will only direct you to other pay sites or will give you useless links.
If you need to find the owner of a vehicle in New Jersey, you should order a New Jersey license plate lookup with licensed private investigators that have access to the information you need through the New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission.
Still not convinced? Read the How-To article: New Jersey License Plate Lookup — Here’s How to Find the Right Service.
You will be required to select a DPPA Permissible Purpose when placing your order.
Note: We cannot search temporary license plates, commercial vehicles, recreational vehicles or trailers.
Important: If the license plate to be searched is a specialty plate, (ie “Conserve Energy” or “Fight Terrorism”) please indicate the specialty plate type in the appropriate space. A charged no-hit will result if not entered properly or for invalid or expired license plates.
What to Expect
|REGISTERED OWNER INFORMATION:|
|1450 OAK GROVE RD SPRINGDALE, NJ 35146|
|LEGAL OWNER (LIENHOLDER) INFO|
|Name:||CHASE FEDERAL SAVINGS|
|Address:||2322 MAIN ST|
|City, State, Zip:||BIRMINGHAM, AL 35122|
END OF REPORT
How Docusearch Results Compares to Others
- Hand-searched by experienced and licensed investigators and returned within 1-2 business days. (sometimes within hours)
- We return the current owners name, address, and vehicle details for the submitted license plate (or VIN) obtained directly from the State DMV authority.
- No subscription or sign-up fee. Simply pay a one-time $44 per license plate with no future commitment.
- Sure, it may be instant, but what good is it if results are not current? Read the small print. They admit that there is no guarantee of accuracy.
- If any results are returned, they will likely be for a previous owner of the license plate. This is because current license plate data is never sold to data brokers.
- Others require you to pay a monthly subscription fee to access their stale database
New Jersey License Plate Lookup Reviews
Docusearch How To
Relevant articles, advice and commentary to help your investigation.
If you’ve jotted down someone’s license plate number, there’s a lot you can do with it — IF you know how the license plate lookup process works. If you don’t, there’s a good chance that you will fall victim to … Continued
OK, so you’ve got someone’s license plate number. Now what? How do you search license plate numbers online? First, you must understand the following: There is no accurate, free license plate lookup service. Any “instant search” will return outdated data. … Continued
Not all license plate lookup services are the same. If you want to see if a particular service is really worth your time and money, you’ve got to read the fine print. For example, we logged onto Search Quarry, a … Continued