- Owner's Name & Address
- Vehicle Information (year, make, model, etc)
- Leinholder, if provided
- One business day or less
- Montana Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
Estimated Return Time:
Provided a valid Montana vehicle identification number (VIN) is submitted, our Vehicle Ownership Look-up is guaranteed to return the registered owner’s name and address along with the vehicle make, model, year, vehicle identification number (VIN) and tag expiration date. Montana only allows us to search by VIN only.
Montana VIN Check
Unlike most states, Montana does not allow reverse lookups by license plate. If you need to find the name or address of the owner of a vehicle registered in Montana, you will need to have the car’s VIN. A VIN is assigned by the vehicle manufacturer and provides a unique identification for the car. It can usually be found on the inside left corner of the dashboard area of the vehicle, and can be seen through the windshield if you are outside of the car. If you have access to the Certificate of Title or Proof of Registration forms, you can also see if the VIN is printed on those as well.
Once you have the VIN, you will be able to perform an information search with just that number. A VIN check can provide just as much information as your typical reverse lookup by license plate. There are many other investigation websites that claim to give “instant” results, but the only thing that you will get from those websites is instant disappointment. These searches filter through databases much like a Google search; however, the information they are searching is either publically available or ancient and almost always inaccurate. Our licensed private investigators hand-search each order and access information from sources that are not publically available, specifically the Montana Motor Vehicle Division (MVD).
Still not convinced? Read the How-To article: Montana License Plate Lookup — How to Get the Very Best Results.
Note: We cannot search temporary license plates, commercial vehicles, recreational vehicles or trailers.
What to Expect:
|VEHICLETYPE:||PASSENGER CAR/LIGHT TRUCK|
|BODYTYPE:||Club Cab Pickup|
|REGISTERED OWNER INFORMATION:|
|DATES:||05/01/2013 to 01/01/2016|
|ADDRESS:||11626 W BOWLES CIR, LINCOLN, MT 12345|
END OF REPORT
- Hand-searched by experienced investigators and returned within 1-2 business days.
- We return the current owners name, address, and vehicle details for the submitted Vehicle Identification Number obtained directly from the State DMV authority.
- No subscription or sign-up fee. Simply pay a one-time $39 per license plate with no future commitment.
- Sure, it may be instant, but what good is it if results are not current? Read the small print. They admit that there is no guarantee of accuracy.
- If any results are returned, they will likely be for a previous owner of the vehicle. This is because current license plate data is never sold to data brokers.
- Others require you to pay a monthly subscription fee to access their stale database.
How Docusearch Results Compares to Others