- Owner's Name & Address
- Vehicle Information (year, make, model, etc)
- Leinholder, if provided
- One business day or less
- IL license plate number or VIN
Estimated Return Time:
In Illinois, providing you have a valid license plate number, you can find the information of any vehicle owner. Our team retrieves this information through a process called a Reverse Illinois License Plate Lookup. Our private investigators will return information such as the registered owner’s name and address along with the vehicle make, model, year, vehicle identification number (VIN) and tag expiration date.
Illinois License Plate Lookup
Docusearch is a team of licensed private investigators. While DMV records are not open to the public, we can perform an Illinois license plate lookup or VIN search for you – collect the information, and provide you with a collective report of the information we gather. You may have come across other websites that offer “instant” results for your license plate search. Unfortunately there is no instant feed open to the public for accessing the Illinois DMV. Instead, these websites provide inaccurate information collected from older databases or scraped from search engines. At Docusearch, we hand-search each order and your information is handled by one of our licensed investigators.
How Quickly Can I Expect Results?
Results from an Illinois license plate search are returned in one business day or less. You can submit, track, and review your order through our password-protected members area. All of our results come directly from the Illinois DMV, so they are retrieved quickly and guaranteed to be accurate.
Is my Illinois License Plate Search Private?
Your Illinois license plate lookup is private and never shared with anyone, including the vehicle owner. The information that we gather from your search is formatted in a report and stored securely in our members area that only you have access to. We will notify you once your results are available. If you are concerned about privacy, be sure not to provide information to other “instant” search websites. Based on their automated algorithms, your information is many times collected to build their database for future searches and they do not necessarily keep this data private. Docusearch hand-searches each search and returns results the same business. Also, there are no re-occurring charges or subscription fees.
Still not convinced? Read the How-To article: Looking for the Best Illinois License Plate Search Results? Here’s How to Get Them.
Note: We cannot search temporary license plates, commercial vehicles, recreational vehicles or trailers.
What to Expect:
|VEHICLETYPE:||PASSENGER CAR/LIGHT TRUCK|
|BODYTYPE:||Club Cab Pickup|
|REGISTERED OWNER INFORMATION:|
|DATES:||05/01/2013 to 01/01/2016|
|ADDRESS:||11626 W BOWLES CIR, LINCOLN, IL 12345|
END OF REPORT
- Hand-searched by experienced investigators and returned the same business day. Plus, if no record is found you pay nothing.
- We return the current owners name, address, and vehicle details for the submitted license plate (or VIN) obtained directly from the State DMV authority.
- No subscription or sign-up fee. Simply pay a one-time $39 per license plate with no future commitment.
- Sure, it may be instant, but what good is it if results are not current? Read the small print. They admit that there is no guarantee of accuracy.
- If any results are returned, they will likely be for a previous owner of the license plate. This is because current license plate data is never sold to data brokers.
- Others require you to pay a monthly subscription fee to access their stale database.
How Docusearch Results Compares to Others