- Registered Owner's Name
- Vehicle Information (year, make, model, etc)
- Leinholder, if provided
Estimated Return Time:
- Same business day
- CA license plate number or VIN
Our California License Plate Lookup is guaranteed to return the current registered owner’s name along with the vehicle make, model, year, vehicle identification number (VIN), tag expiration date and any lien-holder. By California law, search results will not include any address information.
California License Plate Lookup
If you need to find the registered owner of a currently registered California vehicle via a license plate lookup, you’ve come to the right place. There are many unscrupulous websites that will try to offer you a free license plate or VIN search, but those sites do not have access to real up-to-date records because vehicle registration information is not available to the general public, and is never free. California DMV records may only be accessed by approved, authorized authorities, like government officials, insurance companies or law enforcement personnel or licensed investigators, like Docusearch. If you order a so-called free license plate lookup online, you are receiving records that are outdated and useless.
As licensed private investigators, Docusearch has access to current vehicle owner information in the California State computer. If you have a valid reason for needing to find the owner of a vehicle, like you need to find a person for a court case, then we can help you.
Still not convinced? Read the How-To article: 4 Tips to Help You Do the Best California License Plate Search.
You will be required to select a DPPA Permissible Purpose when placing your order.
Note: We cannot search partial plates, temporary license plates, commercial vehicles, or handicapped plates .
What to Expect
|Registered Owner:||DOE, JOHN J|
|LEGAL OWNER (LIENHOLDER) INFO|
|Name:||CHASE FEDERAL SAVINGS|
|Address:||2322 MAIN ST|
|City: SAN DIEGO||State, Zip: CA 92010|
|Expires: 12/22/16||ALH: AH|
|VIN: 4A3AA46L7YE150581||TYPE: 11:Regular - Automobile|
|LICENSE: 8A12345||ENGINE NO:|
|YR MODEL: 2000||WEIGHT:|
|YR SOLD: 00/00/00:||AXLE:|
|YEAR: 2009||FUEL: G|
|BODY TYPE: SD||MAKE: MITS|
|SMOG DUE: 07/22/15||1420 PRINCE ST STE 270, Fairfax VA 20175|
|PARKING VIOLATIONS ON FILE:|
|CITATION #: 002079690||VIODATE: 07/19/13|
|CITATION #: 21567||VIODATE: 06/18/14|
|06/13/2008-ODOMETER:||108,000 MILES ACTUAL MILEAGE|
END OF REPORT
How Docusearch Results Compares to Others
- Hand-searched by experienced and licensed investigators and returned the same business day. (Normally within hours)
- We return the current owners name and vehicle details for the submitted license plate (or VIN) obtained directly from the State DMV authority.
- No subscription or sign-up fee. Simply pay a one-time $39 per license plate with no future commitment.
- Sure, it may be instant, but what good is it if results are not current? Read the small print. They admit that there is no guarantee of accuracy.
- If any results are returned, they will likely be for a previous owner of the license plate. This is because current license plate data is never sold to data brokers.
- Others require you to pay a monthly subscription fee to access their stale database
California License Plate Search Reviews
Docusearch How To
Relevant articles, advice and commentary to help your investigation.
If you’ve jotted down someone’s license plate number, there’s a lot you can do with it — IF you know how the license plate lookup process works. If you don’t, there’s a good chance that you will fall victim to … Continued
The Truth: Need a License Plate Lookup? OK, so you’ve got someone’s license plate number. Now what? If you head online to try and track down the name and address behind it, you’ll find a near-endless array of promises from … Continued
Not all license plate lookup services are the same. If you want to see if a particular service is really worth your time and money, you’ve got to read the fine print. For example, we logged onto Search Quarry, a … Continued