Want the Perfect Vermont Criminal Search? Here’s How You Get It
Whether you’re hiring a new employee, selecting a new tenant, or taking on a new business partner, you need to know exactly who you’re dealing with. Since people aren’t always forthcoming about their criminal pasts, the only way to get your questions answered is to run a Vermont criminal records search.
What to Look For:
But that doesn’t mean you can run just any ol’ search!
When it comes to a decision that’s this important, you need the perfect search. Otherwise, you’ll be basing your decision on results that are outdated or inaccurate – and that’s definitely not a perfect situation!
Here’s how to make your Vermont criminal records search perfect:
– Hire a licensed investigator to do it for you
No matter what the snazzy sales copy says, the only way to access the information you need is to turn to a licensed private investigator. That’s because licensed investigators can dig through resources that are normally just reserved for law enforcement. If the website you’re dealing with isn’t run by licensed investigators – and the vast majority of them aren’t – you’re only going to get a small sliver of information, rather than the full picture.
Vermont Criminal Court Records
– Talk to your investigator about the resources he’s going to tap into
If you want your Vermont criminal records search to be perfect, it’s got to use the perfect resources. That means your investigator needs to dig into:
– Records maintained by the Vermont Department of Corrections, which list details about every criminal who’s currently serving time at a state correctional facility. Your investigator will be able to see which facility they’re in and who the official case worker is that’s assigned to them.
– Information from the Vermont Sex Offender Registry, including a description of the offense committed, the county it was committed in, and the date of each conviction.
– Indexes of previous criminal records searches done throughout Utah, including those done as part of a county, state, or federal investigation.
– Records related to certain traffic offenses.
– Make sure your investigator is going to do all of the work by hand
Good investigators wouldn’t even consider doing a Utah criminal records search with automated tools. After all, going through everything by hand means that your investigator has a chance to double-check everything for accuracy. Otherwise, false positives and other errors could creep into your search results and affect your entire decision-making process.
Vermont Criminal Records Search
– Ignore those promises of instant results
Most of the websites you see out there offer instant search results, which may sound good at first, but when you dig a little deeper, you realize just how damaging that offer can be.
In order to provide instant information, everything has to already exist on the website’s server. That means you’re not getting the most recent official updates. Instead, you’re getting the most recent version that exists on the website’s server. Considering that most of Vermont’s records are updated on a regular basis, it doesn’t take long for those instant results to get stale.
That’s not the only issue your results face, though. Because those instant websites aren’t run by licensed investigators, they don’t have access to all of the resources we’ve talked about. Instead, they buy up whatever public records they can get their hands on. As a result, the information they give you won’t tell the full story!
And, making things even scarier, there’s no double-checking on these websites. Because the information is spit out instantly, there’s no chance for anyone to go through it and make sure it’s accurate.
– Avoid the temptation to run a free search
When you Google the phrase “Vermont criminal records search”, you’ll find a ton of websites that offer to run your search for free. However, that’s not exactly how it works. Yes, it’s free to type someone’s name into the search box, but actually seeing the results will cost you. Some websites even force you to sign up for an expensive subscription service just to see your search results.
If you don’t want the threat of hidden fees hanging over your head, you need a licensed private investigator. The good ones will charge you a one-time, affordable fee for each search. You’ll be able to dig through the results and ask questions without spending any more money.
You’ll get a perfect Vermont criminal records search by hiring the team of licensed private investigators at Docusearch!