Get the Perfect Nebraska Criminal Search Results by Following This Advice
If you’re doing a Nebraska criminal records search, you need to do it correctly. After all, what good does it do to get inaccurate or outdated information?! You obviously want to make the best decision about this potential new person in your life, and the only way to do that is to do the best search.
What to Look For:
Here’s how you do it:
- Understand what goes into a legitimate Nebraska criminal search
There are a variety of resources that can give you the full story about the person in question. When it comes time to do your search, your investigator will need to look at:
– Records from the Nebraska Department of Corrections, including specific details about every felon that has been sentenced to a state correctional facility. These records are updated every month, and in them, your investigator will find what the person in question was convicted of, the sentence he received, and all of the specific dates related to the offense and the criminal court case.
– Records from the Nebraska Sex Offender Registry, which are updated bi-weekly. In them, your investigator will see what risk level your person in question has been assigned to, a description of the offense he committed, and the date of his conviction.
– Indexes of prior Nebraska criminal records searches done at the county, state, and federal levels.
– Records involving certain traffic offenses.
With all of these resources at your disposal, it’s important to find an investigator that’s willing to go through them by hand, being careful to look for false positives and any other errors.
Nebraska Criminal Court Records
- Learn who can access what
Just because all of these resources exist doesn’t mean that you can look at them. In fact, the only way you can gain access to these details is to have a licensed private investigator working for you. Thanks to their license, private investigators can access things that most of us can’t. In fact, they are privy to information that’s normally only reserved for law enforcement!
If you hire someone who doesn’t have a license, you won’t get the full story on the person in question. No matter what their sales copy may say, if they’re not a team of licensed private investigators, they don’t have access to the most current details. It’s that simple.
- Learn how the majority of those websites operate
Google the term “Nebraska criminal court records search“, and you’ll be greeted by a near-endless list of websites that say they can provide all the information you need. Unfortunately, that’s not the case. That’s because most of these websites aren’t run by anyone with a private investigator’s licensed — or anyone with an investigative background, period.
Instead, they’re simply data aggregators. They buy up any public records they can get their hands on (which tend to be several years out of date), and then they upload them to their website’s server. That’s how they can give you results at the click of a mouse. Unfortunately, though, the information isn’t nearly as accurate as it should be.
Even worse, because everything on these websites is completely automated, there’s no way to guard against false positives. Because there’s no one double-checking the instant results, you could wind up with records belonging to someone with a similar name or the same birthday as your person in question. Scary, right?!
Nebraska Criminal Records Search
- Understand exactly how you’re going to be charged
Not only do these data aggregator websites fool you into thinking that you’re getting accurate information, but they also fool you into thinking that you’ll be able to do all the searching you want for free! Typically, it’s only free to type someone’s name into the search box. When it’s time to see the results of your Nebraska criminal search, you’ll be greeted with a demand for payment. You may even be forced into signing up for a subscription service that you don’t need or want!
On the other hand, reputable private investigators make their pricing completely transparent. You’ll be told right upfront how much the search will cost, and once you pay, you won’t be asked to spend another dime. You’ll get the results and a chance to ask any questions you have without being held up for more money.
- Be prepared to wait… but not long
Obviously your investigator won’t be able to conduct your search by hand and get the results to you instantly. However, it shouldn’t take long. Good investigators know how to run a quick search without cutting any quality corners. (For example, here at Docusearch, we can run your Nebraska criminal records search and get the results to you within one business day.)
Don’t base your decisions on information that doesn’t make the grade. Instead, get a thorough, affordable, efficient Nebraska criminal search from the team at Docusearch!