Your Mississippi Criminal Search -- Here's How to Make It Perfect
Follow on Google+
Let’s face it — if you’re trying to find out if someone has a criminal background, you need the information you get to be legitimate. Not only does it need to be accurate, but it also needs to be as current as possible. Otherwise, there’s no way you can make a smart decision about that potential new employee, tenant, business partner, or anyone else that you have questions about.
What to Look For:
Unfortunately, though, many of the companies that you see offering a Mississippi criminal records search can’t give you the quality information that you need!
Because most of those companies aren’t run by licensed private investigators. In fact, the vast majority of them aren’t run by anyone with any kind of investigative expertise.
Why is hiring a licensed private investigator so important?
First and foremost, a licensed private investigator can access things that most people can’t. Whether it’s specific criminal court records or details related to current parole or probation status, a licensed private investigator has access to all of the same things that law enforcement officers can look at — things that the rest of us will never get to see!
For example, during your Mississippi criminal search, a good investigator will comb through:
– Records from the Mississippi Department of Corrections, which includes details related to felony convictions and sentences for more than 200,000 offenders.
– Records from the Mississippi Parole Board, which give specific details on the offenders who are currently under the supervision of the Department of Corrections. Not only will these records have details about the crime committed, but they also include a list of known aliases that each offender has used.
– Data from the Mississippi Sex Offender Registry, which is updated bi-weekly with details about each offender — including the location of the crime and specific details about the crime.
– Criminal court records that are maintained at the county level for Desoto, Harrison, and Hinds Counties. Each of these counties has records that detail each felony conviction, including an official case number and specific court dates.
– Indexes of prior criminal records searches that were requested at the county, state, and federal levels.
– Records detailing certain traffic offenses.
Mississippi Criminal Records Search
Best of all, a good private investigator will go through all of these resources by hand. That way, you can rest easy knowing that you’re getting the full story — and that you won’t have to worry about getting any false positives.
How long does all of this take?
Not long. A good private investigator has enough expertise to conduct Mississippi criminal records searches thoroughly and efficiently. (In fact, here at Docusearch, our licensed private investigators can run your search and get the results to you within one business day!)
Yes, that means waiting longer than you would on those websites that promise instant results. However, when you see everything that your investigator needs to dig through, it makes sense that a thorough search can’t be done instantly!
In fact, the only way those websites can churn out instant information is to have previously loaded records onto their server. Since most of Mississippi’s records are updated every month, there’s no way that an instant website could give you the most current results — and that’s assuming they even have the clearance to access those records! Remember, they’re not licensed. They’re simply data aggregators who buy up any public records they can find, and in many cases, those records are several years out of date.
Mississippi Criminal Court Records
How much will it cost to have a licensed private investigator handle your Mississippi criminal records search?
The true professionals will charge you an affordable, one-time fee that you pay upfront. Once your investigator does the work, you’ll get to see the results and ask questions, all without being told to pull out your wallet again.
That’s a far cry from those data aggregator websites. They may have snazzy sales copy that promises free searches, but in most cases, it’s only free to physically type someone’s name into the search box. Once it’s time to actually see the results, you’ll be told to pay up. Even worse, you could be forced into signing up for an expensive subscription service that you don’t want or need.
Bottom line — all Mississippi Criminal Records Searches aren’t the same. If you want to get the very best results, you’ve got to let a true professional do the work for you.
Luckily, you’ll find an entire team of licensed private investigators at Docusearch!