4 Things You Need to Know About Your North Dakota Criminal Records Search
Follow on Google+
There’s a big difference between doing a North Dakota criminal records search and doing a search the right way. You need current, accurate information in order to make an educated decision about that potential new employee, new business partner, new tenant, or new romantic interest.
What to Look For:
That means you need to know these 4 things:
- A licensed private investigator makes a huge difference
The internet has made it possible to get just about any question answered in a few seconds. However, even the best technology in the world can’t overcome the fact that there is certain information that ISN’T public record. So, no matter how long you spend searching, you’ll never be able to get the full story on someone all by yourself.
The only way to get it? Hire a licensed private investigator. His license grants him access to all of those things that you can’t see. In fact, a licensed private investigator can dig through information that’s normally only reserved for law enforcement! And, as an added benefit, his license gives him access to all of the latest updates. In North Dakota, most records are updated every few weeks. If you don’t know what sitting in the newest batch of records, it could ruin your entire decision-making process!
Bottom line — the only way to get thorough North Dakota criminal records search results is to have a licensed private investigator get them for you. Anyone else who says they’ve got the best information isn’t being honest with you!
North Dakota Criminal Court Records
- Finding the real story takes some digging
In order to take full advantage of your licensed investigator’s access, he needs to be willing to dig through these resources:
– Records from North Dakota’s Administrative Office of Courts, which detail every criminal case in every District Court in the state. These records will tell your investigator what the person in question was charged with, how he pled, and how the case turned out. He’ll also be able to get an official case number.
– Records from the North Dakota Department of Corrections, which have specific details pertaining to every offender who’s currently housed in a state correctional facility. These records also list which facility the offender is in, along with his projected release date.
– Records from the North Dakota Sex Offender Registry, including special designations for offenders who pose a high risk of re-offending. The Registry also lists an expiration date for each offender, along with special notations for lifetime registrants.
– Indexes of prior criminal records searches done in North Dakota, including those done through county, state, and federal requests.
A good investigator will go through all of these resources by hand, paying extra-special attention to any false positives that may pop up along the way. By the time all is said and done, you’ll know everything there is to know about your person in question!
Unfortunately, though, most of the websites you see don’t work like this. Because they’re not run by licensed investigators, they can’t access all of these resources. So, instead, they scoop up any random public records they can get. However, most of the records purchased this way are incredibly outdated — often by several years! If you rely on one of these websites, your potential employee or tenant may look clean, simply because his crimes were committed after these old records were updated!
North Dakota Criminal Search
- There’s no such thing as a free search
Those criminal search websites love to brag about their free searches, but in virtually every instance, they’re anything BUT free. Sure, it might not cost you anything to type someone’s name into the search box, but if you actually want to see the results, it will cost you. Whether you have to pay a one-time fee or sign up for a subscription service that you don’t need or want, you’ll wind up spending far more than you originally planned on.
Good investigators are way too ethical to operate this way. Instead of trying to trick you with a mile of fine print, they’ll be very clear about their pricing structure. You’ll pay a reasonable fee, your investigator will do the work, and you’ll get access to all of the results without spending another dime.
- Getting quality results takes some time — but not too much
Just because those instant results aren’t all they’re cracked up to be doesn’t mean you have to put your life on hold while your licensed investigator runs a proper search. You may not get instant answers, but you’ll get the information you need quickly. For example, here at Docusearch, our licensed investigators know how to run an efficient search without cutting any quality corners. In fact, we can run your search and get the results to you within one business day!
Ready to see the Docusearch difference? Turn your North Dakota criminal records search over to our team!