- Owner's Name & Address
- Vehicle Information (year, make, model, etc)
- Leinholder, if provided
Estimated Return Time:
- Same business day (Normally about an hour)
- Valid DC license plate number or VIN
Provided a valid DC license plate number or VIN is submitted, our District of Columbia License Plate Search is guaranteed to return the registered owner’s name and address along with the vehicle make, model, year, vehicle identification number (VIN) and tag expiration date.
Washington DC License Plate Search
Finding the registered owner of a vehicle in Washington DC requires access to the DC Department of Motor Vehicles. This information of course is not offered to the public; however, it is available to our licensed private investigators. While some websites claim to offer “Instant” search results, this is inherently not true because of the nature of information requested. Any accurate information from a Washington DC license plate lookup can only be obtained from the DMV; which does not unfortunately offer any instant search feeds.
Still not convinced? Read the How-To article: Here’s How to Make Your District of Columbia License Plate Search Worth It.
You will be required to select a DPPA Permissible Purpose when placing your order.
Note: We cannot search temporary license plates, commercial vehicles, recreational vehicles or trailers.
What to Expect
|VEHICLETYPE:||PASSENGER CAR/LIGHT TRUCK|
|BODYTYPE:||Club Cab Pickup|
|REGISTERED OWNER INFORMATION:|
|DATES:||05/01/2013 to 01/01/2016|
|ADDRESS:||11626 W BOWLES CIR, WASHINGTON, DC 12345|
|STATE:||DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA|
END OF REPORT
How Docusearch Results Compares to Others
- Hand-searched by experienced investigators and returned the same business day. Plus, if no record is found you pay nothing
- We return the current owners name, address, and vehicle details for the submitted license plate (or VIN) obtained directly from the State DMV authority.
- No subscription or sign-up fee. Simply pay a one-time $39 per license plate with no future commitment.
- Sure, it may be instant, but what good is it if results are not current? Read the small print. They admit that there is no guarantee of accuracy.
- If any results are returned, they will likely be for a previous owner of the license plate. This is because current license plate data is never sold to data brokers.
- Others require you to pay a monthly subscription fee to access their stale database
District of Columbia License Plate Lookup Reviews
Docusearch How To
Relevant articles, advice and commentary to help your investigation.
If you’ve jotted down someone’s license plate number, there’s a lot you can do with it — IF you know how the license plate lookup process works. If you don’t, there’s a good chance that you will fall victim to … Continued
The Truth: Need a License Plate Lookup? OK, so you’ve got someone’s license plate number. Now what? If you head online to try and track down the name and address behind it, you’ll find a near-endless array of promises from … Continued
Not all license plate lookup services are the same. If you want to see if a particular service is really worth your time and money, you’ve got to read the fine print. For example, we logged onto Search Quarry, a … Continued